British Land publishes its Corporate Responsibility Report 201406/06/2014
View Full Report
British land is the leading UK Real Estate Investment Trust on several key corporate responsibility indices and the company is making good progress on its social and environmental commitments.
Performance highlights include:
- 19,800 people benefited from British Land’s community programme this year, including apprentices, jobseekers and schoolchildren
- Customers scored satisfaction with British Land as 7.8 out of 10, significantly outperforming the industry average of 5.1 out of 10
- Staff scored British Land 76% for ‘I love working with this organisation’, contributing to its One Star rating in The Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For
- Occupiers have benefited from £6.9 million energy cost savings over the last five years, and the company has reduced Scope 1 and 2 carbon emissions by 36%
- All British Land’s office developments are rated BREEAM Excellent for sustainability and 94% of its major retail developments are rated Excellent or Very Good
British Land reports to the Global Reporting Initiative B+ standard and EPRA Best Practice Recommendations on Sustainability Reporting. Selected key performance data is independently assured under the ISAE 3000 standard.
For more information on the company’s social and environmental performance, challenges and future plans: www.britishland.com/crreport
British Land welcomes your feedback: email@example.com
British Land is one of the UK’s largest listed real estate companies. It owns, manages, develops and finances a portfolio of commercial property, focused on high quality retail locations around the UK and London offices. Its properties are home to over 1,000 different organisations and are places where over 99,000 people work or live. They are visited around 300 million times each year.
View Full Report