RBS remains leading lender to renewable energy projects15/04/2014
View Full Report
RBS has released its 2013 Sustainability Review today. The Review details the progress the company has made during 2013 towards becoming a more responsible and sustainable bank, which includes sustaining its position as the UK’s number one lender to UK renewable energy projects*.
RBS’s Review aims to give an open and honest account of the steps being taken to fix past legacy issues. It also details the progress made during 2013 to rebuild trust in the organisation, from how it serves customers to how it is building a stronger, values-based culture.
As well as meeting its commitment to develop financial services that support sustainable development, in 2013 RBS:
- Lent £2.8 billion to first-time buyers in the UK;
- Grew mobile access to banking with 2.7 million mobile banking app users in the UK;
- Became the first bank to receive a five star award from the Fairbanking scheme;
- Implemented two new environmental, social and ethical risk lending policies;
- Received the Platinum rating by Opportunity Now for gender equality;
- Volunteered 170,000 company-hours in the community and supported almost 50,000 children in 22 countries with education, as part a campaign to invest in women of tomorrow.
View the 2013 Sustainability Review here.
In 2014 RBS will appoint a Chief Sustainability Officer, with a remit to work with the Board to embed sustainability into corporate strategy.
The Bank is also strengthening its environmental, social and ethical risk policies to focus more on issues affecting all business sectors, such as human rights and climate change.
Andrew Cave, Head of Sustainability at RBS said “Our 2013 Sustainability Review aims to give an open account of RBS’s performance in what was another difficult year for RBS and the banking sector. Our Review outlines how we intend to fix our legacy issues and how we are reshaping RBS to become a more sustainable organisation. We recognise that rebuilding trust will depend on us becoming a more responsible and sustainable bank.”
RBS has over twenty years of experience in financing renewable energy projects across a range of sectors, and has been publishing a report outlining energy financing since 2011. Read the 2013 report.
* According to Infrastructure Journal RBS was the #1 lender to UK renewable energy projects from 2011–2013.
For further information please contact:
Mob: 0791 9045 475
See the full RBS Sustainability Review 2013 and Financing of the Energy Sector Report here.
View Full Report