Old Mutual 2013 Responsible Business Report Published02/04/2014
View Full Report
Old Mutual has published its full 2013 report, Investing in the Future, which has been prepared according to GRI’s G3.1 Guidelines at Application Level C.
Based on feedback from stakeholders over the last 12 months, we have made our commitment to responsible business explicit and have added new KPIs across all five pillars. We aim to fulfil our commitments by 2020 or earlier.
The report underlines Old Mutual's belief that the nature of the services we provide our customers means that we cannot conduct our business without thinking about the impact we have on society.
“To provide fully for our customers, we need to make sure that they understand that they can trust us and this trust is represented by being a responsible business in all aspects of what we do,” said
Old Mutual CEO, Julian Roberts.
Key achievements in 2013
- Rationalised, improved and expanded the product range in our Emerging Markets businesses and improved the customer experience
- Launched a publicly available Responsible Investment Standard across the Group
- Achieved 33% female membership of the Old Mutual plc Board
- Invested £16.1 million in our community programmes, representing 1% of pre-tax annual operating profit
- Improved our position in the CDP Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index for FTSE350 financial services companies - from eighth to fifth
New in the 2013 report
- Responsible business explicitly included in the Old Mutual Group strategy
- Update on the current seven targets in responsible business, including an increase in customer numbers to 16 million, alongside new data disclosures and breakdown
- Other new commitments across the five pillars - including a commitment to report on customer persistency and disclosure on proxy voting
- Individual business unit updates on how they have applied the five pillars throughout 2013 and their future plans
- The feedback from our stakeholder research, where we revisited the five pillars to check their applicability
- Signatory to the United Nations Global Compact
- Signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment
- Listed on the FTSE4Good Global Index
- Listed on the JSE SRI Index
- Listed on the CDP Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index for FTSE350 financial services companies
Old Mutual is an international investment, savings, insurance and banking Group. Based in London we are trusted by more than 16 million customers. For over 168 years we have been serving the growing insurance and investment needs of local customers, companies and their advisors.
View Full Report