Mondi's Sustainable Development Reporting 201302/04/2014
View Full Report
Mondi, the international packaging and paper Group, today published its 2013 annual reports.
Building on last year’s suite of reports, Mondi has continued to develop and evolve its holistic approach to reporting, with three separate but interrelated components:
- Its Integrated report and financial statements;
- Its online Sustainable development report; and
- Its printed positioning publication entitled Sharing our sustainable future.
Mondi’s Integrated report, in addition to meeting all regulatory requirements, reviews its strategy and performance in 2013, including insight into how the Group manages risk, delivers on its strategic and investment objectives, and works in a way that reflects its commitment to sustainable development.
In Sharing our sustainable future, Mondi presents its material sustainability issues within a global context. The publication also provides examples of how its operations around the world demonstrate the Group’s commitments and contribute to a sustainable future for the company and its stakeholders. Business in the Community (BITC), a business-led UK-based charity, provided an external review of this publication.
The full online Sustainable development report expands on this publication by giving a comprehensive view of Mondi’s approach to sustainable development, outlining its sustainability commitments, strategy and performance in 2013 with regards to environmental, social and governance issues. In addition, this report:
- Demonstrates how Mondi’s business model (the Mondi Way) links its purpose, strategy and operational framework with its shared culture and values;
- Is prepared in accordance with GRI G3 guidelines to a level B+, with selected key performance indicators verified by an independent third party assurance provider, ERM CVS; and
- Demonstrates the Group’s continued commitment to, and support of, the UN Global Compact (as reflected in its Communication on Progress).
Announcing the reports’ publication, David Hathorn, Mondi Group chief executive, said: "Both the online and printed sustainable development publications demonstrate Mondi’s commitment to strategic capital investment, operational excellence, resource efficiency, and finding sustainable environmental solutions that also make good business sense.”
View Full Report