CRH 2007 CSR Report Announcement28/07/2008
View Full Report
CRH, the international building materials group, has just published its fifth CSR Report. It has been fully verified by DNV, was prepared in line with GRI's G3 guidelines and successfully met the "A+" application level requirements.
CRH's 2007 CSR Report describes the Group's considerable further CSR progress as CRH pursues its ongoing mission of Sustainable Performance and Growth.
Some highlights from the report include:
· CRH is on track with its climate change commitment for a 15 per cent reduction in its specific cement plant CO2 emissions and is investing EUR700 million in the period 2007-2009, creating several state-of-the-art cement plants.
· CRH's Ukraine cement plant upgrade is the world's first Joint Implementation project registered by the United Nations under the Kyoto Protocol Flexible Mechanism scheme.
· CRH achieved a further 30 per cent reduction in its accident frequency rate in 2007.
· CRH continues with its social objectives to remain the employer of choice for all employees, exceed the expectations of customers, develop its supplier network, and make a sustainable contribution to the communities in which it operates.
· CRH has been recognized by external agencies for excellence in corporate governance. An updated Code of Business Conduct is being rolled out in 2008 in recognition of CRH's increasingly global reach.
· CRH was once again ranked among sector leaders by the leading socially responsible investment rating agencies.
The report is at http://www.ethicalperformance.net/crhcorp_csr2007.html and is also downloadable from http://www.crh.com
CRH is committed to continuous improvement of its CSR reporting, and invites feedback from stakeholders.
View Full Report