GE releases fourth annual Citizenship Report24/07/2008
View Full Report
GE today released its fourth annual Citizenship Report, entitled Investing and Delivering in Citizenship. The 2007-2008 report, which covers GE's worldwide operations for the 2007 fiscal year, reviews GE's citizenship from the perspective of four key themes - energy and climate change, demographics, growth markets and financial markets.
'We recognize that opportunities for growth bring both increased social responsibility challenges and opportunities to make a difference', said Jeff Immelt, chairman and CEO of GE. 'This year's report details how GE is moving beyond dialogue into action, making a difference in helping solve some of the world's toughest problems through our products, our people and our commitment to integrity.'
Highlights in this year's report include:
· A reconvened Stakeholder Report Review Panel that provided feedback on the company's reporting process and content
· A new reporting format that aligns the company's business themes with its citizenship priorities, including a focus on Operational Excellence
· A new website ( http://www.ethicalperformance.net/ge_citizenship.html ) that provides more detailed performance metrics and brings together external perspectives from global thought leaders on issues such as climate change, human rights, labor, supply chain and other topics
· Description of an initial programme designed to operationalize human rights considerations, including drafting and testing implementation guidelines
· Summaries of products that address needs in emerging markets, including healthcare, water and energy
· Insights and recommendations from the Company's stakeholder convenings held over the past year.
The report and related performance data is available to users in its entirety via the company's website at http://www.ethicalperformance.net/ge_citizenship.html
In addition, this year's report will be translated into French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Japanese and Chinese (Mandarin).
To learn more, email email@example.com
View Full Report