Philips publishes 2013 sustainability update, beating green sales target two years ahead of schedule25/02/2014
View Full Report
Philips has published data on its 2013 sustainability activities as part of its integrated annual report, covering its financial, social and environmental performance.
The company has made solid progress in its EcoVision program which sets sustainability performance targets for the end of 2015.
- Green Product sales increased to 51% of total sales (€11.8bn) in 2013, beating its target two years ahead of schedule.
- €509m investment in Green Innovation, dedicated to addressing global challenges related to care, materials and energy efficiency.
- Kicked off the Circular Economy approach to further enhance Green value creation.
- Improved the lives of 1.8bn people during 2013 through well-being, care and green products.
- Included 14,000 tons of recycled content in its products by focusing on the material streams plastics, aluminium, refurbished products, and spare parts harvesting.
- Recognized as industry leader in the 2013 Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), scoring an “A” for performance and 100% for disclosure.
The Philips 2013 sustainability update is an integrated part of the Philips 2013 Annual Report, available at: www.annualreport2013.philips.com
For further information, please email email@example.com
About Royal Philips:
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2013 sales of EUR 23.3 billion and employs approximately 115,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
View Full Report