NEC Corporation marks the publications of its 2013 CSR annual report27/09/2013
View Full Report
NEC Corporation has relaunched its CSR Website, coinciding with the publication of its annual report on corporate social responsibility policies and activities during the year ended 31 March 2013.
Some of the key performance issues of its CSR information are also covered by the NEC Annual Report 2013, which was published on 31 August, NEC’s first integrated annual report that provides both financial and non-financial information.
1. NEC discloses its CSR information using seven CSR initiatives that are considered important and a high-priority to both society and NEC. The Seven CSR Initiatives were originally selected in 2007, but this is the first time the company has used them as a disclosure framework.
2. NEC held a stakeholder review based on ISO 26000, the international standard for social responsibility with the representatives of CSR Review Forum–Japan (CRF), an alliance of civil organizations. Continuing from 2010, the NEC Group’s management policies, structures and measures were reviewed by the CRF. The NEC Group will continue to promote CSR management based on the ISO 26000 standard going forward.
NEC was named one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World for the second time in 2013 and has been included in the following SRI indexes.
• Dow Jones Sustainability Asia Pacific Index, Robeco Sam Bronze Class
• FTSE4Good Global Index
• Ethibel Excellence (universe)
• MS-SRI Morningstar Socially Responsible Investment Index.
In the course of preparing the disclosure of CSR information, NEC referred to the international guidelines for sustainability reports issued by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI3.1). NEC self-declares this reporting to GRI Application Level B.
The detailed reporting is available online here, while the NEC Annual Report 2013 is available as a PDF.
View Full Report