MTR Corporation (MTR) has published its latest Sustainability Report13/09/2012
View Full Report
Hong Kong-based rail
and property service provider MTR Corporation (MTR) has published its latest
Sustainability Report at www.mtr.com.hk/sustainability
The report describes how the company manages sustainability and highlights its challenges and achievements in 2011. MTR's commitment to sustainability is demonstrated by the goal to be “Transport at its Best,” which encompasses the company's drive to create social, environmental, and economic value by building sustainable communities for generations to come.
Highlights from the period include:
- Continuing focus on sustainability which follows the corporate Vision and Mission
- Detailed examples of how the company prioritizes material issues, incorporating both corporate and stakeholder interests
- Evolving stakeholder engagement strategy that embraces extended social expectations
- Increased focus on worker health and safety along with the construction of five new rail projects in Hong Kong
- Completion of a carbon lifecycle assessment pilot study for new rail projects
- Selected stories illustrate how business units integrate sustainability development into their decision-making.
The report includes a
separate section on Climate Change which acknowledges the company's expanding
global footprint and operating responsibilities. Recognizing that a low-carbon
future is imperative to urban environments worldwide, the company is working to
ensure that what is planned today, built tomorrow and used for the next century
contributes positively to the low carbon development of cities.
MTR Corporation is undertaking its most ambitious network expansion in its 30 year history in Hong Kong. Construction is now underway on five new rail lines, which will add 56 km to the network over the next ten years. The company also has operations in Shenzhen, Beijing, London, Stockholm and Melbourne.
View Full Report