OTE & COSMOTE publish their 2012 CR Report26/06/2013
View Full Report
OTE and COSMOTE, the leading fixed and mobile telecommunications services providers in Greece and South Eastern Europe, have published their 2012 Corporate Responsibility (CR) Report on 26 June 2013 at their Annual Shareholders Meeting in Athens. For the first time OTE and COSMOTE present a single CR Report, following the integration of their CR and Environment functions in early 2012.
The Report is published as an integrated website and PDF download at www.ote-cosmote-cr2012.gr, and as a short printed summary. The Report is assured by Deloitte against AA1000 and GRI (G3.1) guidelines, at the GRI B+ Application Level.
The Report entails the ongoing effort by OTE and COSMOTE to improve competitiveness, while upholding high standards of Corporate Responsibility during the severe economic situation in Greece and the region.
Highlights from the 2012 CR Report include:
- The integration of OTE & COSMOTE’s CR strategy, including progress on 62 goals
- The further improvement in Greece’s fixed line broadband, which took-up to 22.6%, largely as a result of OTE’s continued intensive efforts, broad investments and launch of new services, such as OTE’s VDSL network, as well as COSMOTE’s 4G LTE mobile broadband network
- The provision from OTE & COSMOTE of over 4 million Euros, in discounts for the elderly and people with special needs
- The realization of public awareness campaigns for the safe use of Internet and mobile telephony services reached, which reached over 350,000 people
- The ongoing support of the two companies for children’s charities, people with special needs and vulnerable social groups, with contributions of more than 2.2 million Euros
- The key priority of Employee Development, with the participation of 9,808 employees for OTE and 2,203 employees for COSMOTE in skill training programmes, as well as the participation of 2,339 employees from the two companies, which took part in CR initiatives and corporate volunteering
- The Guarantees of renewable Origin (GOs), that have been secured by OTE and COSMOTE from PPC S.A, their electricity provider for 2012, which assures that the electricity consumption provided by PPC, has been generated by renewable energy sources. The companies have also achieved a 2.5% reduction of electricity consumption and a 10% reduction of direct GHG emissions.
To read the full 2012 “OTE – COSMOTE CR Report” please visit: www.ote-cosmote-cr2012.gr
Regarding any opinions or comments concerning the CR Report, please send your feedback to the e-mail: email@example.com
View Full Report