Land Securities Group PLC publishes its CR Report 201321/06/2013
View Full Report
Land Securities Group PLC has today published its CR Report 2013.
Grouped around three main challenges; to deliver better environments, support stronger communities and maintain a sustainable business, the report focuses on those areas that have the most significant impact on core business strategy. Longer features represent strategic programmes which address key issues, whilst shorter stories detail local activity and successes.
The report shows how, by behaving responsibly every day, Land Securities is delivering both social and environmental benefits to its stakeholders and maintaining a strong and successful business. Chief Executive, Robert Noel comments “For us, responsibility starts with the drive to create and protect value for our shareholders… We create this value by responding to the needs and expectations of our many stakeholders.”
- £1.3 million cost saving in landfill tax this year
- 92 / 100 Carbon Disclosure Project score
- 90.9% and 100% waste diverted from landfill (shopping centre and London office portfolios respectively)
- 94 disadvantaged people secured jobs this year through London Employment Strategy
- 622 32-month, full-time equivalent jobs created by building Trinity Leeds
- £3.5 million equivalent value of time, space, promotion and cash investment made in community activity
- 60% of non-specialist management roles filled using internal talent
- 35% of employee volunteering classified as professional (pro-bono) work
- 4.28 and 4.05 (out of 5) customer satisfaction scores (Retail and London teams respectively)
Land Securities is the UK’s largest commercial property company and a member of the FTSE 100. The company owns and manages more than 26 million sq ft of office, retail and residential space.
View Full Report