Thomas Cook Group plc launches its 6th Sustainability Report06/06/2013
View Full Report
Download the report at http://www.thomascookgroup.com/thomas-cook-group-plc-sustainability-report-2012/?from=2 to find out how Thomas Cook is progressing the sustainable transformation of its business.
Harriet Green, Group Chief Executive Officer, comments: “We’re developing a strategy to create profitable growth for the future. Our important first steps are to build an effective organisation, to address costs and to leverage our brands to build on our core products so that we attract new customers and retain existing relationships.
“The world is changing and alongside economic imperatives, our overall sustainability strategy is designed to ensure we encompass environmental and social topics that create value and strengthen trust in our brands.”
Thomas Cook reports on key sustainability issues and targets, identified and developed after consulting with stakeholder groups:
- Sustainable tourism – 71% increase in contracted hotels holding a Travelife sustainability award.
- Sustainable aviation – the Group’s airlines are among the world’s most efficient due to high load factors.
- Carbon footprint – continual investment in fuel efficiencies, pilot training and other initiatives have placed Thomas Cook in the top quartile of the Carbon Disclosure Project for FTSE companies reporting in 2012.
- Conservation and Animal Welfare Projects – supporting projects around the world including Mexico, The Algarve, Cambodia and Cuba to enhance our customers holidays whilst protecting the environments in which we operate
- Charitable giving – Thomas Cook Children’s Charity has raised over £3.7 million (to October 2012), including £1 million raised in 2012.
- Employees and organisation – a new Group Code of Conduct brings together new and evolved values: part of the Group’s major initiative to build a more effective organisation and be a trusted business partner.
The report is aligned with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3.1 Guidelines and has been self-assessed at Application Level B. For further details go to http://www.thomascookgroup.com/thomas-cook-group-plc-global-reporting-sustainability-guidelines/?from=2
About Thomas Cook Group plc
Thomas Cook Group plc is one of the world's leading leisure travel groups with sales of £9.5 billion and 23 million customers in the year ended 30 September 2012. Thomas Cook is now supported by 29,000 employees and operates from 19 countries; it is number one or two in all its core markets. Thomas Cook Group plc’s shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
For more information visit the website at http://www.thomascookgroup.com.
View Full Report