Bacardi Limited publishes 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report04/04/2013
View Full Report
Family-owned Bacardi Limited has released its fifth annual Corporate Responsibility report. The report focuses on the Company’s efforts to manage the social and environmental impacts of its business in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2012. The report is available in an online only version, embodying the Company’s forward-looking commitment to reduce both its carbon footprint and impact on the earth’s natural resources.
Bacardi Limited reports in line with Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3 guidelines. This supports the existing Bacardi commitment to the United Nations Global Compact.
Achievements in the five key areas of Marketplace; Environment, Health & Safety; Responsible Sourcing; People; and Philanthropy & Community Involvement include:
- Achieved a 49.4% reduction in water use since 2006; water use efficiency improved by 11%;
- Registered 257 Bacardi Limited supplier sites with Sedex®, a group dedicated to improving responsible sourcing and ethical business practices in global supply chains; a 5% increase over previous year;
- Increased awareness of the “Champions Drink Responsibly” social responsibility campaign by engaging 100,000 consumers in 35 countries with the “Ace Rafa” promotion featuring tennis great Rafael Nadal;
- Filled 70% of open management-level positions with internal talent; expanded talent reviews to cover the majority of the top levels of Bacardi Limited, comprising nearly 700 employees; and
- Continued to align reporting with the LBG (formerly London Benchmarking Group) model to standardize the management and measurement of community involvement activity; further fostered healthy and vibrant communities where Bacardi employees work and live.
Follow this link to access the 2012 Bacardi Limited Corporate Responsibility Report.
Bacardi Limited, the largest privately held spirits company in the world, produces and markets internationally recognized spirits and wines. Its brand portfolio comprises more than 200 brands and labels, including BACARDÍ® rum, GREY GOOSE® vodka, DEWAR’S® Blended Scotch whisky, BOMBAY SAPPHIRE® gin, MARTINI® vermouth and sparkling wines, CAZADORES® 100% blue agave tequila, ERISTOFF® vodka; and other leading and emerging brands.www.BacardiLimited.com
View Full Report