Centrica's Corporate Responsibility Performance Reporting 2012 Launched01/05/2013
View Full Report
In 2012’s challenging economic environment, building trust remained a top priority for Centrica. They are committed to earning trust by:
- Fairness – treating customers fairly through open and honest communications, high quality customer service, and helping customers better manage and reduce energy costs;
- Low carbon – addressing climate change by transforming the way Centrica’s customers consume energy and through reducing their emissions from power generation;
- Energy supply – ensuring security of supply in a reliable, responsible and sustainable way;
- People and safety – empowering Centrica’s people and providing a safe environment for employees, customers and the communities in which they operate.
These key themes form the basis for our CR performance reporting.
- Customer satisfaction levels increased for both Direct Energy and British Gas in 2012.
- Products British Gas installed in customer homes between 2010-2012 had an annual equivalent of taking around 450,000 cars off UK roads
- Centrica’s commitment to gas and power for the UK now totals more than £50bn.
- Employee engagement measured above median levels.
- Lost time injury frequency rate declined for the sixth consecutive year, falling to 0.20 per 100,000 hours worked.
In response to feedback, Centrica has improved this year’s Review by incorporating information on how they engage with their key stakeholders and there’s also an ‘At a glance’ section at the beginning of each chapter, summarising key information on just one page.
Browse Centrica’s 2012 CR reporting, which is drawn together in their online Reporting hub.
- 2012 progress - Centrica reports on their most strategic and material issues in their CR Performance Review PDF
- Metrics – Centrica’s interactive Data centre contains all their non-financial metrics.
- Recent updates - Centrica shares regular progress updates through CR updates and blogs.
- Background and approach – Centrica’s approach to key issues is outlined in their CR section.
- Infographics - Understand the key issues facing their business and see Centrica’s operational emission with their Carbon Map.
- Video - View Centrica’s Chief Executive responding to stakeholder questions about the CR implications of their new strategy.
View Full Report