Barclays Citizenship Report 201126/04/2012
View Full Report
Barclays today published its Citizenship Report 2011 at http://ethicalperformance.com/reports/links/barclays-citizenshipreport
The report marks the 12th year that the business has reported on its environmental and social performance. It is available online and, for the first time, as a download for the Apple iPad. The Report has been independently assured by Ernst & Young and meets the requirements of a Type 2 assurance engagement as defined by AA1000AS.
Barclays, which has reported against the G3 indicator protocols and its Financial Sector Supplement since 2007, is a major global financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, and wealth management with an extensive international presence.
Barclays has a clear sense of its business purpose: to help individuals, communities, businesses and economies progress and grow. The term 'Citizenship' captures that purpose, and is one of Barclays four execution priorities.
Progress against the Citizenship agenda is measured and reported in three areas:
* Contributing to growth
* The way we do business
* Supporting our communities:
Highlights from 2011 include:
* £45bn gross new lending to UK households and businesses
* 108,000 business start ups supported globally
* £63.5m invested in our communities
* 73,000 employees involved in volunteering, regular giving and fundraising activities
* US$1 trillion raised in funding for institutions in capital markets around the world
* 30 per cent reduction in UK banking complaints
* Four per cent reduction in C02 emissions, achieved ahead of our 2013 target date.
The report also looks in detail at how Barclays managed key issues such as complaints handling, lending to businesses, tax, regulation and remuneration in 2011.
Read Barclays Citizenship Report 2011: http://ethicalperformance.com/reports/links/barclays-citizenshipreportt
View Full Report