Citi has published its 2011 Global Citizenship Report17/04/2012
View Full Report
Citi published its 12th annual Global Citizenship Report today: http://citizenship.citigroup.com
The report covers the bank's performance in its social and environmental priority areas, informed by two centuries of experience in finance. Citi achieved a self-declared GRI Application Level of B against the Global Reporting Initiative's (GRI) G3.1 Guidelines.
Citi's key achievements in 2011 include:
- Exceeding its 2011 goal to reduce operational greenhouse gas emissions by 10 percent from a 2005 baseline
- Contributing $78 million from the Citi Foundation and $16 million from Citi Community Development to support economic empowerment and financial inclusion in underserved communities around the globe
- Providing over $2.16 billion in financing for affordable housing in the U.S., making Citi the top lender according to Affordable Housing Finance for the second year in a row
- Providing more than $290 million in funding to 32 microfinance institutions across 18 countries in partnership with the U.S. Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) since 2006; and announcing a $20 million term loan to support microentrepreneurs and small businesses in Indonesia
- Committing $6.4 billion toward the $50 Billion Climate Initiative, which directs funding to activities and projects that mitigate climate change. This brings the cumulative total to $36.35 billion halfway through the 10-year initiative.
Read the full report at http://citizenship.citigroup.com.
Download a free iPad app to read Citi's 2011 Global Citizenship Report here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/citi-news/id431387145?mt=8
View Full Report