The Rezidor Hotel Group has published its Responsible Business Report27/03/2012
View Full Report
Recently included for the third time on the World's Most Ethical Companies list, the Rezidor Hotel Group today publishes its Responsible Business Report which can be read at http://www.responsiblebusiness.rezidor.com
As a visionary Green pioneer, Rezidor launched the hotel industry's first Environmental Policy in 1989, followed by the first comprehensive Responsible Business Programme in 2001, both with the clear pledge to Minimise its Environmental Footprint.
2011 marked another impressive year for Responsible Business at Rezidor with successes in all three pillars of the company's Responsible Business programme
Pillar 1: Health and Safety of Guests and Employees
- Rezidor Business School celebrates 15-years of operations.
- Brain Food launched in Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
- Employee satisfaction remains high at 86.7%.
- For the second year in a row, Rezidor was named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute.
- 80% of Rezidor hotels participate in the Responsible Business action month for the community in September. 385 TEUR is raised for local and international charities.
- Global partnership with World Cleanup launched.
- Proportion of eco-labelled hotels in the Group reaches 55% (or 179 hotels).
- Environmental performance is maintained in the context of increased occupancy.
- Carlson and Rezidor participate in the ITP and WTTC's Hotel Carbon Measurement Initiative.
In January 2012, Rezidor launched Think Planet, an ambitious energy saving initiative which aims to reduce energy consumption by 25% by 2016. Building on its environmental successes of the past years, Rezidor hotels will continuously reduce their resource consumption by focusing on operations and investments. In parallel, challenging environmental targets will be set for major renovations and new builds. The target of 25% will ensure Rezidor exceeds current environmental standards by utilising the latest available low energy technologies.
About The Rezidor Hotel Group
The Rezidor Hotel Group is one of the most dynamic and fastest growing hotel companies in the world. The group currently features a portfolio of 425 hotels with 93,000 rooms in operation and under development in 65 countries across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Rezidor operates the core brands Radisson Blu and Park Inn by Radisson - as well as Hotel Missoni, a new lifestyle brand which is developed worldwide following a licence agreement with the iconic Italian fashion house Missoni.
Rezidor is part of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, one of the world's ten largest hotel groups.
To read the full report, visit http://www.responsiblebusiness.rezidor.com
For more information, contact Inge Huijbrechts, Director Responsible Business, email@example.com
View Full Report