Vaisala releases its 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report27/03/2012
View Full Report
Vaisala, the global environmental and industrial measurement company has published its third corporate responsibility report. The report is available at: http://ethicalperformance.com/reports/links/vais12
The report shows that Vaisala:
- Received LEED Gold level certification for its Head Office in Helsinki, Finland.
- Was distinguished as the most responsible summer employer in a national campaign.
- Managed to reduce its dependency on district heating with a state-of-the-art geothermal power system and increased its solar power production.
- Launched a free online calculator for cities and counties that shows potential savings and accident reductions for their road networks through decision support systems.
- Introduced new technology for improving early detection of explosive volcanic ash cloud eruptions by tracking lightning storms inside these eruptions.
- Introduced a unique online solution for monitoring sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) insulation gas in high voltage equipment. The new instrument removes the need for sampling, thus ensuring that no SF6, a powerful greenhouse gas, is released into the atmosphere.
Vaisala enables its customers to improve sustainability, efficiency and safety in their own operations and in society. To illustrate this, the report contains cases where the company's applications demonstrate broader impacts on society, such as Chile's Tsunami Detection Network, weather and radiation monitoring near the Fukushima nuclear power plant, and reducing accident risk on roads and railways.
The report is available in PDF format and as an online summary. Printed copies can be ordered at http://ethicalperformance.com/reports/links/vaisalaorder12
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vaisala is a global leader in environmental and industrial measurement. Building on 75 years of experience, Vaisala contributes to a better quality of life by providing a comprehensive range of innovative observation and measurement products and services for chosen weather-related and industrial markets. Headquartered in Finland, Vaisala employs approximately 1400 professionals worldwide and is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki stock exchange. http://www.vaisala.com
View Full Report