Walt Disney releases second Corporate Citizenship Report15/04/2011
View Full Report
The Walt Disney Company has released its second Corporate Citizenship Report, http://corporate.disney.go.com/citizenship2010/, detailing Disney’s progress on environmental and social impacts. The report includes the Company’s first set of comprehensive citizenship commitments and goals, aligned around three core principles:
- Act and create in an ethical manner and consider the consequences of the Company’s decisions
- Champion the happiness and well-being of kids, parents and families in the Company’s endeavors
- Inspire kids, parents, employees, and communities to make a lasting, positive change in the world
- Announcement of a comprehensive set of commitments and metrics that address Disney’s worldwide business impacts and opportunities.
- Global expansion of programs aimed at inspiring kids, parents, and communities to make a difference in the world.
- Investment of $15.5 million in carbon offset projects around the world as part of Disney’s Climate Solutions Fund, the Company’s internal carbon pricing program.
- Release of Disney’s Human Rights Policy Statement, with the aim of more clearly articulating the Company’s commitment to respecting human rights.
- Detailed data and progress updates on Disney’s supply chain and environmental footprint.
- Corporate charitable contributions of $198 million, and more than 548,000 hours of VoluntEAR service contributed by Disney employees.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with five business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. Disney is a Dow 30 company and had annual revenues of over $38 billion in its last fiscal year.
View Full Report