Constellation Energy issues its annual CSR Report06/07/2011
View Full Report
Constellation Energy has issued its annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report, detailing the company’s 2010 sustainability initiatives, performance and goals. The report is available at http://responsibility.constellation.com/. It focuses on Constellation’s progress in leadership and governance, sustainability and innovation, environmental performance, community engagement and workplace performance.
- Third party limited assurance of Constellation’s Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas emissions for 2010.
- Constellation’s environmental and sustainability goals.
- Overview of Constellation’s suite of clean energy products that enable customers to use energy more efficiently and sustainably.
- Constellation’s community engagement program focusing on energy assistance, education, economic growth, the environment and employee involvement.
- Constellation’s achievement of a philanthropic commitment to give 1 percent of earnings before interest and taxes in 2010.
- Constellation’s low-intensity generation fleet and its growing clean, renewable and alternative energy generation portfolio.
- Constellation’s diversity and inclusion initiatives that have led to the third consecutive top rating from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
- Constellation’s robust safety, health and wellness programs for employees.
Constellation Energy (www.constellation.com) is a leading competitive supplier of power, natural gas and energy products and services for homes and businesses across the continental United States. It owns a diversified fleet of generating units, totaling approximately 12,000 megawatts of generating capacity, and is a leading advocate for clean, environmentally sustainable energy sources, such as solar power and nuclear energy. The company delivers electricity and natural gas through the Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BGE), its regulated utility in Central Maryland. A FORTUNE 500 company headquartered in Baltimore, Constellation Energy had revenues of $14.3 billion in 2010.
Comments and questions can be directed to email@example.com.
View Full Report