STMicroelectronics publishes its 14th Sustainability Report31/05/2011
View Full Report
STMicroelectronics, one of the world major semiconductor companies releases its Sustainability Report 2010 on 31 May 2011 at http://ethicalperformance.com/reports/links/stm11
The report provides comprehensive details of ST's Sustainability strategy, policies and performance during 2010 and illustrates how ST embeds sustainability into business to create value for all of its stakeholders. ST aims at being recognized as world leader in innovation for sustainable development through excellence in our people, our products, the environment and the community.
ST's Sustainability Report is a transparent compilation of very concrete company achievements and of the challenges we are facing at global, organizational and site's level. The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) has confirmed an A+ rating based on its G3 Reporting Guidelines.
Built on major stakeholders' feedbacks; the Sustainability Report gives a focus on several key areas, including:
- Company - ST conducted a materiality exercise to refresh its Sustainability strategy based on the identification of the most relevant issues for the company and its stakeholders.
- Social - ST strengthened the integration of Labour Rights in its management systems in deploying an internal audits program on each and every operating site.
- Health & Safety - ST's Health Plan has provided over 260,000 medical examinations and now covers 82% of ST's employees.
- Environment - ST prepared its fourth Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Decalogue with ambitious new targets, including the objective to have all new products eco-designed by 2015.
- Product Responsibility - ST achieved significant investments in ultra-low power technologies and design, and addressed health challenges through its innovative and complete solutions.
- Supply Chain - ST's has launched many actions to prevent illegal and unethical sourcing of minerals from conflict areas and their use in ST's products.
As a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact, the report also serves as ST's Communication on Progress to the Global Compact Office. Report verification has been provided by Det Norske Veritas Certification France.
For further information on the report, you are invited to go to
ST welcomes your feedback on the content and presentation of this report. So, do not hesitate to give suggestions for next year, by contacting email@example.com
View Full Report