NEC's CSR Report 201001/09/2010
View Full Report
NEC Corporation has released its "NEC CSR Report 2010," which discloses the practices carried out in pursuit of CSR during the fiscal year ended March 31, 2010 http://www.nec.co.jp/csr/en/
NEC's CSR aims to realize "an information society friendly to humans and the earth," as described in the NEC Group Vision 2017, by collaborating with stakeholders to help solve issues facing both society and the planet through business practices that maintain the highest levels of compliance.
Highlights in this year’s report include:
- NEC formulated the Mid-Term Growth Plan "V2012 - Beyond boundaries, Toward our Vision." Under V2012, NEC aims to solve social issues by focusing on three business fields, "Cloud Computing Business," "Global Business," and "New Business (including environmental and energy business)." In line with this, NEC recently formulated medium-term objectives for CSR activities spanning fiscal 2010 to 2012.
- The new "NEC Group Environmental Management Action Plan 2017/2030" was formulated based on three key points for achievement between fiscal 2017 and 2030; "Low Carbon," "Ecosystem and Biodiversity Preservation," and "Resource Recycling and Conservation." Through the provision of solutions that are friendly to the earth, including cloud computing based information management systems, energy efficient offices, lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles and smart grid/power storage, NEC aims to help reduce CO2 emissions by 15 million tons in fiscal 2017 and 50 million tons in fiscal 2030.
- NEC has been included in the following SRI indexes.
* Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (SAM Silver Class)
* FTSE4Good Global Index
* Ethibel Excellence (universe)
* MS-SRI Morningstar Socially Responsible Investment Index
NEC voluntarily prepared this report in accordance with application level B of the GRI G3. The International Institute for Human, Organization and the Earth provides an independent review of this report for assurance.
View Full Report