Telefónica S.A. publishes its CR Report 200831/07/2009
View Full Report
The online version of Telefónica's seventh Corporate Responsibility Annual Report outlines the company's five-step strategy on sustainability.
These steps are: business excellence; honest and transparent management aimed at minimizing the impact of the value chain; contribution to progress to maximize the positive impacts of the business; social and cultural activities aimed at maximizing its impact and transparent communication and dialogue.
The online version of the report, including nearly 4000 detailed items of qualitative and quantitative performance data, is available at:
The document shows the company:
· created wealth valued at 69,459 million euros in 2008
· invested over 64 million euros in training, about 10 per cent more than in 2007
· approved new regulations for the development of its Business Principles, in which it trained over 60,000 employees
· evaluated 1,100 suppliers and carried out 55 audits on corporate responsibility issues
· enrolled 107,602 Latin American children in school thanks to Proniño, Telefónica Fundación's programme to eradicate child labour
The company also publishes information about its contribution to achieving the Millennium Goals through 46 initiatives and there is a special supplement about environment and climate change, highlighting the company's commitment to reducing its consumption of network electricity by 30 per cent (KWh / equivalent access) and its office electricity consumption by 10 per cent (KWh / number of employees) by 2015. Telefónica also shows how the ICT sector can promote energy saving and efficiency in other parts of the economy.
The report has been verified by Ernst & Young in accordance with the AA1000S standard and the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) on the G3 guidelines at the level of A+. Stakeholder opinion about the report can be registered at http://ethicalperformance.com/reports/links/telefonica-cr08-opinion.
Latest reports for Telefónica businesses in Europe (outside Spain) can be found at http://ethicalperformance.com/reports/links/o2-cr
View Full Report