Marathon Oil Corporation Releases 2016 Living Our Values Corporate Sustainability Report26/07/2017
View Full Report
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) today published its 2016 Living Our Values Corporate Sustainability Report. The report is available in a digital format, with the capability to create customizable pdfs of individual sections or the entire report, and as a downloadable summary brochure.
The 2016 report covers:
- Marathon Oil’s actions to promote economic, social and environmental sustainability in its business and the communities where its employees live and work.
- Progress in positioning the Company for sustainable growth through governance, society, the environment, and safety and the workforce, with supporting metrics.
- Statements from Lee M. Tillman, Marathon Oil president and CEO, and Phillip Lader, chairman of the Health, Environment, Safety and Corporate Responsibility Committee of the Company’s Board of Directors.
- An update on the planning for the decommissioning of Marathon Oil’s Brae Area facilities in the U.K. sector of the Central North Sea.
- Enhanced disclosures on political and lobbying contributions.
- Disclosures on air emissions, water use and water management in the Company’s core U.S. unconventional resource plays.
- Highlights on the Company’s Equatorial Guinea asset, hydraulic fracturing, seismicity and digital oilfield that illustrate how its commitments to governance, society, the environment, safety and the workforce translate to its day-to-day business.
“Marathon Oil recognizes that we must identify and manage nonfinancial risks to earn and keep our license to operate,” Tillman said. “We understand that we are accountable to our stakeholders for our governance, social, workforce and environmental performance, and for sharing our progress in the 2016 Living Our Values Corporate Sustainability Report. I am proud of how our employees met challenges to our sustainability head-on in 2016 to advance our business strategy, never losing sight of our responsibilities to our business partners, communities, governments, investors and other stakeholders.
“In 2016, Marathon Oil and our employees stayed true to ‘Living Our Values’ to be responsible, safe and ethical, while focusing on delivering business results,” Tillman added. “As a result, our Company is well positioned for profitable and sustainable growth.”
Marathon Oil values stakeholder opinion and welcomes feedback on its 2016 sustainability report. To comment on the report, please complete the report survey or send an email to CSRReport@marathonoil.com.
Marathon Oil Corporation is a global independent exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company had net proved reserves at the end of 2016 of approximately 2.1 billion barrels of oil equivalent in North America, Europe and Africa. For more information, please visit the website at http://www.marathonoil.com.
View Full Report