Leonardo Sustainability and Innovation Report 2016, a commitment to a responsible business conduct18/05/2017
View Full Report
Leonardo, formerly known as Finmeccanica, top player in Aerospace, Defence and Security, releases the 2016 Sustainability and Innovation Report, the first with the new brand.
This edition of the report shows progress and achievements of an industrial Group with a large entrepreneurial tradition and with a wealth of experience globally recognized.
The 2016 Sustainability and Innovation Report focuses on the first results of the transformation in One Company, the first year as Leonardo and the first tangible signs of a new approach based on a strategy that integrates even more effectively business and sustainability, committed to bring together the interests of public and private stakeholders, institutions and companies, employees and students, with the objective to create shared value.
The 2016 report highlights include:
- approach to Sustainability, strengthened by a specific Committee at board level and by the establishment of the Sustainability Council;
- reinforcement of control systems and specific training for employees among the actions launched to build up ethics behaviors and to spread the culture of risk prevention and management;
- enhancement of corporate know-how by means of technological governance and open innovation, with the aim of creating innovation for the sustainable development;
- importance of people, clients and suppliers, main actors of Leonardo value chain: from the new employee evaluation and development system, to the promotion of STEM activities to attract young generations, as well as customer intimacy and capacity building initiatives in the supply chain;
- attention to the environmental, health and safety management and the social commitment.
With this edition Leonardo communicates its commitment to responsible business conduct, confirmed also by the integration of Sustainability into the Industrial Plan 2017-2021, because, as stated by the Top Management in the report opening letter, “being Leonardo means to valorize heritage and skills in order to head towards the future with enthusiasm, proud to put our ingenuity at the service of our stakeholders”.
Click here to read the 2016 Sustainability and Innovation Report
Click here to explore Sustainability on Leonardo website
Leonardo is among the top ten global players in Aerospace, Defence and Security and Italy’s main industrial company. As a single entity from January 2016, organised into seven business divisions (Helicopters; Aircraft; Aero-structures; Airborne & Space Systems; Land & Naval Defence Electronics; Defence Systems; Security & Information Systems). Listed on the Milan Stock Exchange (LDO), in 2016 Leonardo recorded consolidated revenues of 12 billion Euros and has a significant industrial presence in Italy, the UK, the U.S. and Poland.
Investor Relations and Sustainable Responsible Investors
+39 06 32473066
View Full Report