CSL Publishes 2015-2016 Corporate Responsibility Report05/12/2016
View Full Report
Starting a century ago, CSL was driven by its promise to save lives and protect the health of people. In 2016, CSL continues to deliver on that promise through its corporate responsibility performance. Spanning the reporting year 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016, CSL’s key achievements and challenges include:
- The distribution of US$6 billion to local communities in the form of supplier payments, employee wages and benefits, shareholder returns, government taxes - including US$29.6 million in global community investment to patient, biomedical and local communities;
- A global workforce of 17,021 employees, with women the majority at 55% of the employee base. CSL’s health and safety performance saw days lost (DLFR) and the medical treatment incident rate (MTIFR) reduce by 12% and 20% on last year, respectively, with no fatalities across its operations. Lost time due to injury (LTIFR) and the serious injury/illness rate (SIIFR) increased by 39% and 12%, respectively.
- Research and Development investment of US$614 million; with 48 clinical studies in operation across its pipeline. CSL achieved 24 product registrations or new indications for serious diseases in various markets, an increase of 71% on the prior year;
- 281 Good Manufacturing Practice regulatory audits of our manufacturing facilities and plasma collection centres with no impact on CSL’s product marketing licences. Over the reporting period, CSL initiated three voluntary safety related product recalls; and
- Across CSL’s extensive plasma collection network, a donor survey response of 99.3% indicating a willingness to donate again.
CSL (ASX:CSL) is a leading global biotherapeutics company with a dynamic portfolio of life-saving innovations, including those that treat haemophilia and immune deficiencies, as well as vaccines to prevent influenza. For 100 years, we have been driven by our promise to save lives using the latest technologies. Today, CSL — including our two businesses CSL Behring and Seqirus — operates in over 30 countries with more than 17,000 employees. Our unique combination of commercial strength, R&D focus and operational excellence enables us to identify, develop and deliver innovations so our patients can live life to the fullest.
Please visit the report website for full details of CSL’s performance and to provide feedback. For the first 100 complete survey responses received, CSL will donate AUD$50 per survey to the Hereditary Angioedema Association International (HAEi).
CSL Corporate Responsibility
View Full Report