Hess Corporation’s 2015 Sustainability Report Shows Commitment to Safety and Responsible Business Practices14/07/2016
View Full Report
- Achieved a 10 percent improvement in workforce total recordable incident rate
- Invested nearly $22 million in social programs, with the majority in education
- Reduced equity greenhouse gas emissions by more than 5 million tonnes ( 2008-2015)
- Set new 2020 targets to reduce flaring intensity by 50 percent and greenhouse gas intensity by 25 percent from 2014 baseline
Hess Corporation (NYSE: HES) has released its 19th annual Corporate Sustainability Report, providing a comprehensive look at the company’s strategy and performance on safety, environmental, social and governance programs and initiatives. It is available online at http://www.hess.com/sustainability.
The company’s 2015 report has achieved the G4 Core level for sustainability reporting from the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). The report has been third-party assured by ERM Certification and Verification Services.
&ldquo Our mission is to be a trusted energy partner. Sustainability practices are a fundamental part of our business strategy and operations,” said Hess CEO John Hess. “We are proud of the progress made in our company’s long-term sustainable performance and honored to have been recognized once again in 2015 for the quality of our environment, social and governance performance and disclosure.”
Highlights from the 2015 report include:
- Achieved a 10 percent improvement in combined employee and contractor Total Recordable Incident Rate and a 33 percent improvement in its Lost Time Incident Rate in 2015 compared with the previous year’s performance.
- Through a campaign focused on reducing dropped objects at work locations, achieved a 43 percent decrease in safety incidents with high potential severity.
- Reduced equity greenhouse gas emissions from its oil and gas operations by more than 5 million tonnes between 2008 and 2015.
- Reduced flaring intensity by 21 percent compared to 2014.
- Set new 2020 targets to reduce flaring intensity by 50 percent and greenhouse gas intensity by 25 percent compared to a 2014 baseline.
- Invested more than $1.9 billion in North Dakota infrastructure between 2012 and 2015 to capture and monetize natural gas from wells and reduce flaring.
- Recognized by CDP as a leader among S&P 500 companies for climate change disclosures, and was ranked No. 1 among U.S. energy producers in the Newsweek Green Rankings of the 500 largest publicly traded companies in U.S.
- Invested nearly $22 million in social programs, with more than $18 million directed towards education projects.
- Continued the rollout of risk-based stakeholder engagement and grievance mechanism processes that focus on proactive relationship building and meaningful engagement.
- Recognized as the highest ranking energy company on Corporate Responsibility magazine’s prestigious list of 100 Best Corporate Citizens for the second year in a row.
Hess Corporation is a leading global independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas. More information on Hess Corporation is available at http://www.hess.com.
View Full Report