Edmond de Rothschild Group Publishes Its 2015 Sustainability Report05/07/2016
View Full Report
The Edmond de Rothschild Group has set out its 2020 sustainability objectives and made them public in its second Sustainability Report.
This 2015 report presents the five pillars of the Group's sustainability strategy and gives a complete overview of its performance and progress compared to the previous year and in the context of its new Sustainability objectives, across its Private Banking and Asset Management activities.
Innovation for sustainable and responsible investment: supporting the transition to a sustainable economy and a sustainable world, by using its expertise and its influence as an investor.
- Signature of the Montréal Carbon Pledge by Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management (France)
- Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management (France) published its first carbon footprint for 60% of its assets under management in the Equity category
- 15% of the assets under management of Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management (France) were managed according to sustainable investment strategies (+18%)
- 77% of the assets under management of Edmond de Rothschild Private Equity were managed according to sustainable investment strategies (+32%)
Ethical and responsible behaviour: turning regulatory constraints into an opportunity to strengthen the Group's position by reconciling risk management and innovation.
- Creation of the Group’s Code of Ethics, an overarching document for all entities and locations
- Sustainability regulations transformed into competitive advantage
Commitment to employees: creating a stimulating work environment for employees, and conditions that allow them to contribute to the company's performance.
- 87.9% of employees participated in the annual performance appraisal (+3% vs. 2014)
- 91% of employees took part in at least one training programme (+22%)
- 24.8% of members of the senior management team are women (+5%)
Management of its environmental impact: rolling out a coherent and relevant environmental strategy to gradually reduce its environmental footprint.
- 9.2 tonnes of CO2 equivalent per employee (baseline 2015)
- 56% of electricity purchased is renewable (+2%)
- 73 kg of paper consumed per employee (-16%), and 78% of paper consumed certified FSC or PEFC (i.e. from sustainably managed forests) (+11%)
Our commitment to a sustainable society: helping to build a sustainable economy and a sustainable world, in close collaboration with the Edmond de Rothschild Foundations.
- Formalisation of the Group’s stakeholder engagement approach, with mapping and prioritisation of stakeholder categories
- 61 employees involved in philanthropic programmes related to diversity and social entrepreneurship
- 48 individuals and 11 companies benefited from these programmes
- Over 50 projects supported and developed by the Edmond de Rothschild Foundations.*
The Group, which has been a member of the United Nations Global Compact since 2011, prepared the report in accordance with version G4 of the Global Reporting Initiative guidelines (GRI G4). Key performance indicators were verified by PricewaterhouseCoopers, a member of the PwC international network.
*The Edmond de Rothschild Foundations are a network of 10 private foundations of the Rothschild family. They are entirely separate and independent from the Edmond de Rothschild Group. To find out more about the projects supported and developed by the Edmond de Rothschild Foundations click here.
View Full Report