Marathon Oil Corporation Releases 2015 Living Our Values Corporate Sustainability Report27/06/2016
View Full Report
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) today published its 2015 Living Our Values Corporate Sustainability Report. The report is available in a digital format, with the capability to create customizable pdfs of individual sections of the entire report, and as a downloadable summary brochure.
The new report covers:
- Marathon Oil’s corporate commitments to address challenges, risks and opportunities in the areas of governance, society, the environment, safety and its workforce, as well as the actions taken at the corporate and local levels in 2015 to fulfill these commitments.
- The Company’s longstanding core values to be healthy and safe, environmental stewards, open and honest, community partners and results focused.
- Statements from Lee M. Tillman, Marathon Oil president and CEO, and Phillip Lader, chairman of the Health, Environment, Safety and Corporate Responsibility Committee of the Company’s Board of Directors.
- The newly approved Responsible Operations Management System, including the executive owners of specific system elements to assure accountability.
- Enhanced disclosures on political and lobbying contributions.
- Enhanced transparency on air emissions, as well as detailed disclosures on water use and water management in the Company’s U.S. onshore operations.
- Case studies on six focus areas: contractor safety management; investments in education from kindergarten through college; the Alba B3 compression project and social investments in Equatorial Guinea; hydraulic fracturing; and seismicity.
“Marathon Oil believes a company must address its nonfinancial risks and responsibilities to achieve business sustainability,” said Lee M. Tillman, Marathon Oil’s president and CEO. “The 2015 Living Our Values Corporate Sustainability Report describes the Company’s headway in addressing critical risks in its operations, the communities where it works and the oil and gas industry, and demonstrates its accountability to stakeholders for nonfinancial performance. Marathon Oil works with employees, business partners, communities, regulators, investors and other key stakeholders to earn and keep its license to operate. The Company continues to focus on being a responsible, ethical, safe, growing and sustainable enterprise.”
Marathon Oil values stakeholder opinion and welcomes feedback on its 2015 sustainability report. To comment on the report, please email CSRReport@marathonoil.com or complete the report survey.
Marathon Oil Corporation is a global exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company had net proved reserves at the end of 2015 of 2.2 billion barrels of oil equivalent in North America, Europe and Africa. For more information, please visit the website at http://www.marathonoil.com.
View Full Report