AMD Publishes 21st Annual Corporate Responsibility Report14/06/2016
View Full Report
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today released its 21st corporate responsibility (CR) report and summary magazine, detailing the company’s progress towards its social and environmental goals, as well as outlining the CR impacts and opportunities in its supply chain and associated with the use of its products.
“This year’s corporate responsibility report highlights several examples of how AMD technologies are improving the world around us,” said AMD President and CEO Dr. Lisa Su. “From using virtual reality to power new medical breakthroughs and create more engaging educational environments to providing the computational horsepower to more accurately map the universe, AMD is helping lead the way on so many different fronts.”
- The report includes several case studies demonstrating how AMD technologies are helping to improve the world around us ranging from virtual reality applications for education and helping veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) to supercomputers that are mapping the galaxy.
- AMD’s primary silicon wafer foundry partners now report as “conflict-free” – meaning they do not use materials that support warring groups in Central Africa. Also, 100 percent of the known smelters or refiners of conflict minerals in AMD’s supply chain have been independently audited and 96 percent are certified as conflict free.
- AMD announced new “science based” climate action targets designed to avoid the worst effects of climate change. AMD also endorsed the “American Business Act on Climate Pledge” to support action-oriented outcomes from the 2015 United Nations climate summit in Paris.
- AMD is ahead of schedule to achieve the target of improving the energy efficiency of its accelerated processing units (APUs) 25 times by 2020 (compared to 2014 baseline).
- AMD was ranked 13th the Forbes list of the 25 Happiest Companies to Work for 2015 and 14th in Business Insider’s 2015 list of the 25 Best Tech Companies to Work for in America.
- 1,184 employee volunteers contributed more than 3,500 hours across 17 AMD locations during the company’s 2015 “AMD Cares Global Day of Service.”
- In 2015 AMD employees took actions that helped save more than 3 million liters of water, avoid more than 87 thousand kilograms of CO2 emissions, save more than 70 thousand kilowatt hours of electricity and reduce more than 5 thousand kilograms of solid waste.
- Through corporate and facilities conservation programs, AMD reduced energy use by 12 percent and water use 10 percent, while diverting 77 percent of non-hazardous waste from landfills, saving more than $4 million USD.
- Visit AMD’s Corporate Responsibility website
- Download AMD’s Corporate Responsibility Summary Magazine
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD on Twitter
For more than 45 years, AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses, and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work, and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
(512) 602-3028 –
View Full Report