Woolworths Limited Corporate Responsibility (CR) Report 201521/01/2016
View Full Report
The 2015 CR Report concludes the implementation of Woolworths Sustainability Strategy 2007-2015. Woolworths successfully completed 31 out of its 34 key targets and commitments in the Strategy.
Report highlights from 2015:
- Australia's second largest private sector employer with more than 197,400 employees including 74,848 young employees under the age of 25, 18,000 older employees over the age of 55, 1,953 indigenous employees and 6,725 employees with a disability.
- 39% of Woolworths' management positions are held by women.
- $28.2 million invested in employee training.
- 42% reduction in emissions from stores and distribution centres based on projected growth levels.
- 60,000 tonnes of food waste diverted from landfill.
- 246,660 tonnes of material recycled or diverted from landfill.
- Palm oil in all own brand food products converted to certified sustainable palm oil.
- 8,340 tonnes of certified sustainable seafood sold at seafood counters in Woolworths Australian Supermarkets.
- $7.4 billion paid in wages and $2.4 billion in taxes.
- $1.8 billion paid in dividends to shareholders.
- $114 billion and 771,000 jobs in indirect contribution to the Australian economy.
"The extent of our commitment is reflected in the fact that for a fifth consecutive year, Woolworths has been recognised as a Sustainability Leader in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices, Food and Staples Retailing sector. We are the only Australian retailer on the global sector leaders list.”
Grant O'Brien, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer
About Woolworths Limited
Woolworths Limited is an Australian company founded in 1924 in Sydney. Woolworths is one of Australia's largest retailers managing some of Australia's most recognised and trusted brands. Woolworths endeavours to create a world class experience for consumers at all levels of its business.
Woolworths has more than 3,300 stores across Australia and New Zealand, that span food, liquor, petrol, general merchandise, home improvement and hotels. Woolworths is a proud, home-grown Australian business, employer of more than 197,400 people and serving 29 million customers a week.
+612 02 8885 1033
View Full Report