BHP Billiton publishes 2015 Sustainability Report - Taking the long view23/09/2015
View Full Report
BHP Billiton, a leading diversified resources company, has published its 2015 Sustainability Report.
The report was developed using a rigorous materiality assessment that incorporated feedback from internal and external stakeholders, to identify the sustainability issues that have a direct or indirect impact on their business and their stakeholders.
BHP Billiton’s 2015 Sustainability Report (GRI G4 Comprehensive) provides a complete review of its approach to sustainability. The report details its continued commitment to sustainably supplying the energy and resources that support global development and growth. It also demonstrates its maintained focus on the health and safety of its people and its continued commitment to support host communities and to protect the environment, as well as its approach to mitigating and adapting to the effects of climate change.
FY2015 Performance summary
- Development of the new BHP Billiton Social Investment Framework to guide social investment between FY2016 and FY2020.
- US$225m voluntarily committed to community programmes during FY2015
- 42% of procurement spend during FY2015 was with local suppliers
- US$7.3bn in payments to governments in taxes, royalties and certain indirect taxes – Published its first stand-alone BHP Billiton Economic Contribution and Payments to Governments 2015 Report
- 6% reduction in GHG emissions, compared to FY2014
- Effective response and integrated approach to climate change through three key areas: Mitigation, Adaptation and Low-Emissions Technology
- Over US$35m committed to conservation projects since FY2013; in addition to the environmental management activities of its operations
- Playing a leading role in reducing deforestation, enhancing community livelihoods and improving biodiversity through its Environmental Resilience theme.
View Full Report