Edmond de Rothschild Group publishes First Sustainability Report23/07/2015
View Full Report
The Edmond de Rothschild Group has set out its strategic sustainability ambitions for the first time at Group level.
This first report presents the five pillars of the Group's sustainability strategy and gives a complete overview of its performance across its Private Banking and Asset Management activities, using both qualitative and quantitative information.
Ethical and responsible behaviour: turning regulatory constraints into an opportunity to strengthen the Group's position by reconciling risk management and innovation.
- 8,700 hours of training on ethics and compliance and more than 1,000 employees trained
Commitment to employees: creating a stimulating work environment for employees, and conditions that allow them to contribute to the company's performance.
- 85.6% of employees participated in the annual performance appraisal
- 75% of employees took part in at least one training programme
- 24% of members of the senior management team are women
Innovation for sustainable and responsible investment: supporting the transition to a sustainable economy and a sustainable world, by using our expertise and our influence as an investor.
- 12.7% of the assets under management of Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management (France) were managed according to sustainable investment strategies
- 59% of the assets under management of Edmond de Rothschild Private Equity were managed according to sustainable investment strategies, of which 6% were in the impact investing category (agroforestry and depollution)
Management of its environmental impact: rolling out a coherent and relevant environmental strategy to gradually reduce its environmental footprint.
- 19,113 tonnes of CO2 equivalent
- 55% of electricity purchased is renewable
- 233 tonnes of paper consumed, of which 72% is certified FSC or PEFC (ie from sustainably managed forests)
Stakeholder and community engagement supported by employees: helping to build a sustainable economy and a sustainable world, in close collaboration with the Edmond de Rothschild Foundations.
- Active member of 9 initiatives focusing on sustainable investment
- 48 employees involved in philanthropic programmes related to diversity and social entrepreneurship
- 60 individuals and 13 companies benefited from these programmes
- Over 50 projects supported and developed by the Edmond de Rothschild Foundations.*
The Group, which has been a member of the United Nations Global Compact since 2011, prepared the report in accordance with version G4 of the Global Reporting Initiative guidelines (GRI G4). Key performance indicators were verified by PricewaterhouseCoopers, a member of the PwC international network. The Group also drew on the experience of Edmond de Rothschild (France), which has published a sustainability report since 2011.
*The Edmond de Rothschild Foundations are a network of 10 private foundations of the Rothschild family. They are entirely separate and independent from the Edmond de Rothschild Group. To find out more about the projects supported and developed by the Edmond de Rothschild Foundations click here.
If you want further information or to provide feedback, please contact:
Global Head of Sustainability
18 Rue de Hesse
View Full Report