CDL Adopts Integrated Reporting Approach for Sustainability Report 2015: Making Business Sense of its Sustainability Performance20/05/2015
View Full Report
City Developments Limited (CDL) is the first property developer in Singapore to adopt an Integrated Reporting (IR) approach for its latest sustainability report titled “Creating Value for the Future”. Based on the International Integrated Reporting Council’s IR framework, the report connects CDL’s social and environmental performance with business and financial impact for a holistic account on its value creation.
Aligned with the latest GRI G4 guidelines, the report focuses on material issues of CDL’s business and its stakeholders.
- CDL’s key milestones in 20 years of CSR journey
- Expanded reporting scope to include carbon disclosure from key subsidiaries – over 120 hotels under Millennium & Copthorne Hotels plc and five subsidiaries in Singapore.
- Clear articulation of Climate Change Policy to mitigate climate impact
- Improved environmental performance in 2014: 21% and 29% reduction in carbon emissions and water usage; water conserved at construction sites more than doubled to 244,608 m3
- Over S$36.5m of estimated reduction in electricity consumption from 57 awarded green buildings in the last six years
- Record Group revenue of S$3.76bn despite an increasingly challenging domestic property market.
This is CDL’s eighth GRI-checked sustainability report and is externally assured in accordance with ISAE 3000 standard. The report will be submitted to UN Global Compact as a Communication on Progress at the highest “Advanced” level. CDL is the only Singapore company to have achieved this status and also be listed on the Global Compact 100 index.
The full report is available here.
For enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Since its inception in 1963, CDL has been Singapore’s property pioneer. Today, CDL is a Singapore-listed international property and hospitality conglomerate with businesses in real estate development and investment, hotel ownership and management, facilities management and the provision of hospitality solutions. It is one of Singapore’s largest companies by market capitalisation and the CDL Group has a global presence in 26 countries around the world.
For its commitment to sustainable development, CDL has received numerous local and international accolades. Globally, CDL is the first Singapore company to be listed on three of the world’s top sustainability benchmarks: FTSE4Good Index Series since 2002, Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World since 2010 and Dow Jones Sustainability Indices since 2011. It was also included on the MSCI Global Sustainability Indexes and named Top Property Developer in Asia on the Channel NewsAsia Sustainability Ranking in 2014. www.cdl.com.sg
View Full Report