How is Gas Natural Fenosa addressing its commitments to stakeholders?18/05/2015
View Full Report
Gas Natural Fenosa's main goal is to supply society with energy so it can maximise its development and well-being. As an integrated energy company, it supplies gas and electricity to 23m customers in more than 30 countries, predominantly in Spain, the rest of Europe, Latin America and Africa.
It is the leader in the energy sector and a pioneer in gas and electricity integration. Its core businesses are the complete gas life cycle, and the generation, distribution and commercialisation of electricity.
The company is also active in energy services, which encourages diversification of business opportunities and revenue streams. This helps Gas Natural Fenosa to anticipate market trends in order to deal with specific customer needs and offer them a comprehensive service that does not focus solely on the sale of energy.
- Gas Natural Fenosa is increasingly a more global company. EBITDA from international activities rose by 3.7% and accounts for 44.7% of the consolidated total (€4,853m).
- It has 14.8 GW of installed power, 21% of which is based on renewable technologies and 58.4% corresponds to combined cycle plants that use natural gas, the fossil fuel with the lowest emissions of GHGs and particulates.
- In 2014, Gas Natural Fenosa continued to be the leading company in the gas distribution sector according to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI). The company has been included in the DJSI World for 10 years and has maintained its presence in the FTSE4Good index since 2001.
- The company acknowledges the business opportunity sustainability offers through its consolidated energy access programs, sustainable mobility initiatives and a wide portfolio of services for improving energy efficiency among customers.
- Gas Natural Fenosa leads customer service in the retail sector in Spain, and reports high levels in the overall satisfaction index in other countries.
- In 2014, through actions based on improving eco-efficiency and using alternative fuels, like natural gas, 14.5Mt of CO2 emissions were avoided.
- Through its Corporate University, every employee received an average of 57 training hours per year, equating to an investment of €874 per person.
- The company shows a visible commitment to health and safety through the global “Health and Safety Commitment Plan”.
- Its community contribution totalled €12m through more than 440 sponsorship and social action initiatives.
- It demonstrates a deep commitment to integrity through its Code of Ethics policy, its Anti-Corruption Policy, its crime prevention model and its Policy on Human Rights, which has already trained more than 12,500 employees.
- Gas Natural Fenosa’s 13th Corporate Responsibility Report draws on the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 guidelines, Electric Utilities and Oil & Gas Sector Supplements based on the “comprehensive” option. Its Second Integrated Annual Report has been prepared in accordance with the <IR> reporting framework published by the International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC).
Moreover, Gas Natural Fenosa commissions an independent expert, which reviews the adaptation of the contents of the Corporate Responsibility Report to the provisions laid down in the Global Reporting Initiative Guidelines and the AA1000APS standard.
View Full Report