Enabling Positive Futures: Old Mutual publishes 2014 Responsible Business report31/03/2015
View Full Report
The latest Old Mutual Responsible Business Report details the Group’s focus on where it can make the most material impact – financial wellbeing and responsible investment, underpinned by its existing five pillar framework of being responsible to customers, employees, communities, the environment and in its investments.
International investment, savings, insurance and banking group Old Mutual has published its full 2014 report, Enabling Positive Futures, which has been prepared according to GRI’s G3.1 Guidelines at Application Level C.
The report underlines Old Mutual's purpose to enable its customers to thrive by investing their funds in ways which will secure a positive future for themselves, their families, their communities and the world at large.
“Our role in society is to look after people’s money as we would if it were our own, providing them with the best possible service and access to products that meet their needs in the short-term whilst protecting their interests in the long-term.
”Gail Klintworth, Old Mutual Group Customer Director and Responsible Business Lead
Key achievements in 2014:
- Expanded its established financial education programme, On The Money, across their Emerging Markets business
- Invested R1.5billion in renewable energy projects across Africa through its IDEAS Managed Fund
- Recognised for the FTSE100’s most improved Board gender profile, with female membership now at 38%
- Invested £17.1m in its community programmes, representing 1% of pre-tax annual operating profit
- Improved its position in the CDP Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index for FTSE350 financial services companies - from fifth to fourth
New for 2014:
- An in-depth focus on financial wellbeing and responsible investment and how the Group is responding to these needs across the markets in which it operates
- A look at the wider landscape and market trends influencing the Group’s approach to operating as a responsible business
- Details of its new partnership with the Cambridge Institute of Sustainability Leadership
- Signatory to the United Nations Global Compact
- Signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment
- Listed on the FTSE4Good Global Index
- Listed on the JSE SRI Index
- Listed on the CDP Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index for FTSE350 financial services companies
About the company
Old Mutual is an international investment, savings, insurance and banking Group. Based in London it is trusted by more than 17m customers. For 170 years it has been serving the growing investment and insurance needs of local customers, companies and their advisors.
View Full Report