Shell releases its Sustainability Report for 2011
View Full Report
Royal Dutch Shell plc has released its Sustainability Report for 2011 at: http://www.shell.com/sustainabilityreport
The report shows how sustainable development helps Shell to deliver energy to meet the world's growing demand in a responsible way. This includes:
- running its operations to avoid harm to people and the environment
- involving communities to contribute to local development and improve how it operates
- continuing to produce more cleaner-burning natural gas
- producing low-carbon biofuel through the Raízen joint venture
- spending $1.1 billion on research and development in advanced technologies
- helping to develop carbon capture and storage technologies
- working to make its operations more energy efficient
- providing customers with advanced fuels and lubricants.
The report underscores how the consideration for safety, the environment and communities is at the core of the company's operations and how it develops future energy projects.
For the seventh year, an independent External Review Committee has reviewed and assessed the Report's balance, completeness and responsiveness. The Committee's assessment is included in the report.
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) has confirmed an A+ application level of its G3 Reporting Guidelines.
Hard copies of the Shell Sustainability Report 2011 can be ordered from: http://reports.shell.com<- back to reports list
|To receive regular bulletins on corporate social responsibility and socially responsible investment news submit your email address: