Centrica’s 2011 Corporate Responsibility performance reporting03/05/2012
View Full Report
You can now find out how Centrica is progressing against its ambition to be the most trusted energy company by visiting the Centrica reporting hub at http://www.centrica.com/crreportinghub
Building trust in a tough economic environment is a challenge, and for Centrica, it means:
- Fairness – treating customers fairly through open, honest communications, good customer service, and helping them to manage their energy costs
- Low carbon – tackling climate change by helping to change the way consumers use and Centrica generate energy
- Energy security – ensuring security of supply in a responsible and sustainable way
- People and safety – empowering people and providing a safe environment for employees, customers and the wider public
Centrica changed the way it reports in 2011 in response to feedback from its stakeholders. The company is now updating on its performance primarily through a strategic CR Performance Review – just launched online at www.centrica.com/crreportinghub – that sets out the key challenges and opportunities faced in 2011 and the progress it is making towards becoming the most trusted energy company.
To complement the 2011 CR Performance Review, Centrica will be providing strategic updates on material issues and responsible business practices throughout the year on its website at http://www.centrica.com/responsibility – enabling them to keep stakeholders up to date on progress as it moves through 2012. Centrica also updated these pages to provide background on its approach to key issues – from climate change to supply chain.
Centrica continues to report on its performance indicators through its data centre at http://www.centrica.com/datacentre and both financial and non-financial data for 2011 is now live.
Key tools and resources online at http://www.centrica.com/responsibility
- Video – Independent expert Mallen Baker interviews Chief Executive Sam Laidlaw
- Interactive map of Centrica's carbon emissions
- Understand the key issues we face as a business
- Find out what stakeholders are saying about Centrica
- Chart Centrica's performance data
Centrica look forward to hearing your views on its reporting and on its performance – you can leave a comment on many of the responsibility web pages, on Centrica News and Views items at http://www.centrica.com/newsandviews or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Centrica have also provided Ethical Performance with two of the videos it has produced to coincide with these updates. These are now available to view on our video site.
View Full Report