FTA SUSTAINABILITY - Chemical SpecialistSalary: DOE
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Date Posted: 2017-02-16 04:25:57
The Foreign Trade Association (FTA) is the leading business association of European and international commerce that promotes the values of free trade and sustainable supply chains. FTA represents over 1,900 retailers, importers and brand manufacturers to promote and defend free trade and supports their international business by providing information and practical solutions towards sustainability in the international supply chain.
In 2003, FTA created the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) to provide companies with a practical and efficient system to improve social compliance in global supply chains. In 2011, in light of the success of BSCI, FTA adopted a new governance structure and integrates sustainability into its core business. In 2014, FTA developed the Business Environmental Performance Initiative (BEPI) to support companies committed to improving environmental performance in their supply chain. Today, FTA unites more than 1,900 member companies. These members reflect the diversity of the commercial sector in terms of consumer goods, turnover and country of origin. By working together and taking a common approach, our members have a greater impact than acting alone.
The FTA has brought together its Social and Environmental initiatives under FTA Sustainability with a clear and focused vision of supporting our members in delivering Sustainable Supply Chains that make a real difference in people’s lives.
BEPI is now looking to reinforce its team with a Chemical Specialist (F/M), reporting to the Sr. Manager Environmental Programmes based in Brussels.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- be the Subject Matter Expert for chemical related elements in BEPI
- work with FTA Members on chemical related matters
- supervise chemical related training content and delivery
- represent BEPI at technical meetings (both in-house and external) and/or provide relevant input
- collaborate with Regulatory Affairs on chemical related regulation
- work with expert and industry organisations and consultants
- provide general support
Professional Skills and Abilities
- have an academic degree in toxicology, ecotoxicology, environmental sciences or similar discipline,
- have at least 3 years of work experience in chemical related positions, preferably in textiles and/or footwear,
- have a passion for and strong knowledge of chemicals usage and chemical regulations (supply chain experience is a plus),
- are fluent in English, other languages are an asset,
- are a team player, dedicated to deliver high quality work and taking end responsibility,
- have good interpersonal, communication skills.
The position is located in Brussels.
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com