FTS Sustainability - Auditing Operations CoordinatorLocation: Brussels, Belgium
Date Posted: 2017-01-11 09:26:21
The Foreign Trade Association (FTA) is the leading business association of European and international commerce that promotes the values of free trade and sustainable supply chains. FTA represents over 1,900 retailers, importers and brand manufacturers to promote and defend free trade and supports their international business by providing information and practical solutions towards sustainability in the international supply chain.
In 2003, FTA created the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) to provide companies with a practical and efficient system to improve social compliance in global supply chains. In 2011, in light of the success of BSCI, FTA adopted a new governance structure and integrates sustainability into its core business. In 2014, FTA developed the Business Environmental Performance Initiative (BEPI) to support companies committed to improving environmental performance in their supply chain. Today, FTA unites more than 1,900 member companies. These members reflect the diversity of the commercial sector in terms of consumer goods, turnover and country of origin. By working together and taking a common approach, our members have a greater impact than acting alone.
With a new management team in place, the FTA has brought together its Social and Environmental initiatives under FTA Sustainability with a clear and focused vision of supporting our members in delivering Sustainable Supply Chains that make a real difference in people’s lives.
We are looking for an Auditing Operations Coordinator based in Brussels to support the Auditing Operation department in daily activities.
This role reports directly to the Auditing Operations Manager based in Brussels
Key tasks and responsibilities
Audit/Assessment – Operations
- Support the Auditing Operations Manager in regular audit/assessment activities
- Coordinate technical auditing related requests from auditing companies and members
- Coordinate auditing activities on internal protocols (Zero Tolerance, Crisis management, internal complaint and investigation)
- Coordinate with IT, Communications, Capacity Building and Membership departments on relevant Auditing protocol, system or platform changes
- Coordinate with relevant department on assigned auditing projects
- Coordinate collection and input from ACs on related ZT cases
- Processes – develop, update and monitore the application of SOP
Audit/Assessment – Working Group (WG) / Task Forces (TF) / Calibration Meetings (CM)
- Moderate Auditing WG, Calibration Meeting, and TF discussions and outcomes
- Coordinate all activities, meetings, and agendas for Auditing WG,TF CM meetings
Audit/Assessment – Partner Complaints and Investigations
- Coordinate smooth transition internally of auditing company and member, suspensions or terminations
- Coordinate with legal representatives on relevant actions and communications in respect of auditing complaints, warnings, suspensions and sanctions
- Coordinate with the membership team in leading auditing investigations into unethical behaviour and practices by members
Professional Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor / Master degree
- At least 5 years of working experience
- At least 2-3 years in social auditing experience
- Strong ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Proactive, dynamic and open personality
- Ability to fit well into a multi-cultural team
- Fluent in English, additional languages are an asset
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Driven by a strong interest in CSR and sustainability topics
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Office, notably Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willing to travel
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join a world-leading business sustainability association at a most exciting and crucial phase in its development, as it seeks to bring fundamental and lasting improvements to global supply chains
- An international environment with an interesting and challenging field of activities.
- Belgian employment contract with an attractive benefit scheme.
- Continuous personal and professional development
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org